Sweet Flat Bread (Root)
January 11, 2014 6:16 pm
Root is a flat sweet bread from Afghanistan, and everyone loves it when they eat it. It is good breakfast and also a good snack for snack time for the kids too.
Here is how to make Root at home with the simple recipe and youtube video.
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 15 Min
- Organic All Purpose Flour2 and 1/2 Cups
- Warm Milk1/2 Cup
- Canola Oil1/2 Cup
- Sugar1/2 Cup
- Cardamom Powder1 Tablespoon
- Baking Powder1 Tablespoon
- Black Tills/Nigella seeds1 Teaspoon
- In a bowl combine eggs, sugar, milk, oil, cardamom and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking powder and fold to make the dough.
- Let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Grease your hand with a little oil and spread the dough into a desired greased baking tray.
- Then, make designs on the flat dough using a spoon or fork.
- Sprinkle some nigella seeds.
- Preheat oven at 425 F and bake the sweat bread (Root) for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool, cut and serve.
Tags: All purpose Flour, Baking soda, Black Tills, Cardamom Powder, Egg, Soya, Soya Cooking Oil, Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Warm Milk
Categorised in: Breads (bread, paratha, bolani etc), Categories