Naan Roghani is very tasty bread. It is good to have it for breakfast with tea or milk.
Tip: You can either mix the baking soda with the flour or with the dough, but if you add baking soda to the dough you need to knead some more time. I usually add the baking powder during the dough kneading time because I want my Naan Roghani Zebra shape once it is baked.
- Organic All Purpose Flour2,1/2 cups
- Canola Oil1/2 cup
- Warm Water1/2 cup
- Salt1/4 teaspoon
- Baking Soda1/4 Teaspoon
- Sugar1/4 cup
- Dry Instant Yeast1 Teaspoon
- Cardamom Powder1/2 Teaspoon
- Rose Water (essence)1Teaspoon
- Nigella Seeds1 Teaspoon
- Egg yolk1 for Glazing
- Milk1 Tablespoon
- In a bowl combine yeast, warm water, oil, egg, salt, sugar, cardamom, and rose and mix well.
- Add sifted flour and baking soda and fold to make the dough. Let rest for 40 minutes or until the dough double in size or rise.
- After rising the dough, divide the dough into two or four and make balls and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Now, flatten each ball round shape using hands and make designs in the center of the round dough using a circle cutter.
- Crack one egg and separate the whites from the yolk, and mix egg yolk with the milk.
- Brush the Naan Roghani with egg yolk mixture and sprinkle the nigella seeds on them.
- Preheat oven to 300 F and bake the Naan Rokhani for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and serve with tea and sugar.