June 16, 2013 11:41 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 20 Min
- For For Dough
- For For Stuffing
- For For finishing
- Heat oil and fry lightly the cubed cheese, remove from oil and cook garlic and tomatoes in the oil. When tomato softens add cheese, onion, chilli, capsicum and season it with salt, Just stir and combine all ingredients and remove from heat. Does not need to cook it further. Set aside.
- Combine water, sugar and yeast and set it for a minute.
- Add salt olive oil and fold flour to make the dough then transfer it to floured surface and knead it for 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 1 hour or till double in size.
- Divide the dough into two and on floured surface roll out.Using knife cut 1-inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center. Place half of mixture into center of dough. On mixture add half of grated mozeralla cheese and start braiding by folding the strips over mixture. Like braid one strip from right and one from left.
- Brush the bread with melted butter generously and sprinkle the dry garlic or oregano.
- Bake at 210 c for 15 minutes or till golden brown.