May 26, 2013 10:23 am
Prep Time: Min Cook time: 30 Min
- Maize/Cornflour1/2 cup
- Chickpea Flour1/2 cup
- Wheat Flour1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour1/2 cup
- Water1 cup
- Jaggary Melted1 Tablespoon
- Salt1 Teaspoon
- Dry Instant Yeast1 Teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- In a bowl add warm water, jaggary and yeast and let it stand for 1 minute.
- Add salt, oil and mix then add all flours and fold to make dough. Knead the dough on flat surface for 5 minutes.
- Cover and let it rise or till double in size. This will take an hour or so.
- Punch it and knead it again and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Punch it and knead it again then stretch it out on floured surface, first fold two sides then fold once again and pinch it to seal all sides well. It will look like a loaf. Look at pictures.
- Sprinkle some cornmeal to the baking sheet and place the bread.
- Let it rest for another good 25 minutes, then make cuts or tears on bread using a knife.
- Pre heat oven and bake it at 200 c° for 30 minutes.