May 13, 2013 11:09 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 30 Min
- Flour2 & 1/4 cups
- Water1 cup
- Sugar2 Teaspoons
- Dry instant Yeast1 Teaspoon
- Oil1 Tablespoon
- Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- In a bowl add warm water, sugar and yeast and let it stand for 1 minute.
- Add salt, oil and mix then add the flour and fold to make dough. Knead the dough on flat surface for 5 minutes.
- Cover and let it rise or till double in size. This will take an hour or so.
- Punch it and knead it again and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Punch it and knead it again then stretch it out on floured surface, first fold two sides then fold once again and pinch it to seal all sides well. It will look like a loaf. Look at pictures.
- Sprinkle some cornmeal to the baking sheet and place the bread.
- Let it rest for another good 30 minutes, then make cuts or tears on bread using a knife.
- Pre heat oven and bake it at 220 c° for 30 minutes.