For recipes of tomato sauce, mantu filling, Qurma dal Nakhod, and curd mix you can check our youtube videos and zibakitchen.com for full recipes.
For videos, please visit https://youtu.be/ElKiYDskjsc and please Do Not Forget to Subscribe, Like, Comment and Share.
- Qurma Dal Nakhod (split peas)
- Tomato Sauce
- Afghani Chaka Mix
- Dry Mintsome
- Paprika some
- Organic All Purpose Flour2 cups some extra for flooing
- SaltTo Taste
- Water3/4 cup
- Ground Beef/Lamb ( I used Chicken)
- Onion1 large, finely chopped
- Black pepper1 Teaspoon
- SaltTo Taste
- Canola oil3 tablespoons
- Garlic3-4 cloves
- Coriander Powder1 Tablespoon
- For For Topping or serving
- For For Dough
- For For Stuffing
- Mantu Filling Recipe here
- Dal nakhod Recipe here 2. Tomato Sauce recipe here 3. Mix Chaka recipe here.
For The Dough
Mix all the ingredients and make the dough. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
For The Stuffing
- Cut and wash the meat then using a food processor mince it.
- Mince onion and garlic and set aside.
- In a pot add oil and saute garlic and onion.
- When the onion is translucent, add the minced meat and combine.
- Add coriander powder, black pepper, and salt and stir.
- Cook for sometime and ready to use for Mantu.
Making the Mantu
- Make small ball from the dough and flatten to make it thin using a rolling pin or pasta machine.
- Cut a square shape out of the dough using a knife.
- Add a tablespoon of the meat mixture in the middle of it then take four corners and pinch to seal; now join two sides from left and two sides from right to make.
- Boil water in a steamer and steam Mantu for 40 minutes.
- Place the steamed Mantus in a layered Mixed Curd/Chaka plate then sprinkle some Qurma Dal Nakhod.
- Then add some Tomato Sauce, then sprinkle a little Mix Curd on it again.
- Finally, finish it with sprinkling some dry mint & paprika on the top and enjoy.