Rice With Julienned Orange Peel
January 10, 2014 12:11 pm
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook time: 40 Min
- For For Serving Rice
- For For Rice
- Julienned Orange Peel Recipe Click Here.
- Chicken/Meat soup, strained Recipe Click Here.
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not over cook it, remove from heat and drain.
- Add in a tablespoon of oil then pour the rice in cooking pot. Dissolve salt , rice spices, soya sauce in 1/2 cup of water and slowly mix it to the rice to avoid breakage of rice.
- Cover the cooking pot lid with cotton cloth and make holes around the rice using back of spatula. Wrap the orange peel, strained meat and blanched almond & pistachio separately and place them around the rice.Then let it steam and cook for 20 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and heat oil & pour the heated oil all over the rice, cover the pot again and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now first remove the orange, almond & pistachio and meat from rice. Place the meat in a large plate then cover it with rice, then spread the orange, almond , pistachio on top of rice. Ready to serve.
Note: You can heat a tablespoon of sugar to be burnt then add water to it and mix it to rice too, but I use soya sauce instead.
Tags: Almond, Almond, blanched, blanched, Cardamom, Chicken/Meat soup, Chicken/Meat soup, strained, Cinnamon, Ghee, Julienned Orange Peel, Pistachio, Pistachio, blanched, Rice long grained, Rice Spices/Masala (cumin, Rice Spices/Masala (cumin , Cinnamon, cardamom), Salt, Soya Sauce, strained, Water
Categorised in: Categories, Non Veg, Rice