Julienned Orange Peel For Rice
January 9, 2014 11:13 am
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook time: 60 Min
- Julienned Orange Peel (dried)1 cup
- Sugar2 cups
- Cardamom Powder1 Tablespoon
- Orange Food Coloring1/2 Teaspoon
- Water2 Cups
- Wash and soak the orange peels over night.
- Strain using strainer. Boil it in enough hot water for 15 minutes then Strain using strainer. Repeat this for 4 times until bitterness is gone.
- Heat 2 cups water with 2 cups of sugar , then add strained boiled orange peels with Orange Food Coloring and cook till oranges absorb all the water and sugar.
- Cover it in Aluminum foil and wrap to use it for your rice.
Tags: Cardamom Powder, Julienned Orange Peel (dried), Orange Food Coloring, Sugar, Water
Categorised in: Categories, How to & Basics, Rice