November 8, 2013 6:42 pm
Prep Time: 20 Min Cook time: 90 Min
- Rice , long grained2 cups
- Meat1/2 kg
- Onions, chopped2 big
- Garlic1 head
- Ghee1/4 cup
- Cardamom Pods5
- Cinnamon Powder1/2 Tablespoon
- Cumin Powder1 Tablespoon
- Carrot , julienned3
- SaltTo Taste
- Wash and soak the rice for 6 hours in advance.
- Fry the meat pieces in ghee until lightly brown.
- Add onion and cook until onion softens.
- Add Carrot and cook for a couple of minutes , then remove the carrot in separate dish and add the spices, garlic head, some salt with 2 cups of water and cook on low heat for 1 hour until the meat is done. ( pressure cook if you want to cook the meat faster).
- When meat is done add 3 cups of water and add in strained rice, carrot too. Bring the rice to a boil and cover the lid with a cloth then cover the rice and cook the rice for 30 minutes on low heat.