Torshi Banjan is very tasty Afghani Pickle. It can be enjoyed with any dish to make any dish more delicious. Torshi Banjan can be ready in a week, but it will be more ready and tastier after a month. I usually refrigerate it, but I remember when I was little, my mom was keeping it out of the fridge for months in the dark to get ready.
- Western Eggplants8-10 small
- Garlic, cut2 Tablespoons
- Green Chilli or Jalapeno2-3
- Dry Red Chili 1/2 cup
- Water1 and half cups
- Distilled White Vinegar 2 cups and 3 Tabelspoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Dried Mint 1 Tablespoon
- Crushed Red Chili1 Tablespoon
- Garlic8-10 cloves
- Wash the western eggplants and cut them into four half way.
- Boil the eggplants with 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 and a half cups of water and a teaspoon of salt till it tenders, but not get mushy then remove the eggplants and let it cool.
- In the same water add dry red chilies and boil until they are soft and remove from the water.
- In a blender jar add cooked red chilies, 8-10 cloves of garlic, 1 cup vinegar, and some salt.
- Cover the jar and blend them well to become smooth.
- In an air tight container place the eggplants and pour the red chili mixture over them.
- Add the cut jalapenos, sliced garlic, crushed red chili, distilled white vinegar and dry mint.
- Cover the container tight and keep it in fridge for a week or a month.
- After one week, it's ready to use, but you can keep it for several months. ;)