February 19, 2014 10:24 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 20 Min
- Warm Milk1 cup
- Corn Starch6 Tablespoons
- Baking Soda1 Tablespoon
- Vegetable oil1/2 cup
- Sugar2 cups
- Butter scotch Essence1 Tablespoon
- Flour4 3/4 cups if needed add more
- Poppy Seeds1 Tablespoon
- Ground Pistachio1 Tablespoon
- In bowl mix combine well flour, corn starch, baking soda.
- In another bowl mix and whisk well sugar, milk, egg, oil, butterscotch.
- Now combine both mixtures well together using hand or dough maker. When a soft dough is ready, then let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small - small parts and make them balls.
- Take a ball of dough and hit it with a knife all around the ball to make the design of this Kolcha.
- In the center of the designed ball press it down using your hand to make it a bit flat.Make sure only the center should be flat not the borders.
- Now design the center of the Kolcha using a small bottle cap or a spoon.
- Brush the center with some milk and sprinkle the poppy seeds and pistachio as well.
- Pre-heat oven and bake the Kolcha at 240 c° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.