August 30, 2017 9:39 pm
Prep Time: 20 Min Cook time: 40 Min
- Ghee1/4 cup
- Garlic5-7 Cloves
- Ginger 1Tablespoon
- Dry Red Chili 3
- Curry Leaves 6-9 leaves
- Salt To taste
- Onion1 cup
- Tomatoes1 and 1/2 cups
- Carrots1/2 cup
- Cilantro Stems1 Cup
- Shahi paneer Masala2 -3 Tablespoons
- Paprika Powder1 Tablespoon
- Cayenne Powder1 Teaspoon
- Table Cream1/4 cup
- Plain Yogurt1/2 cup
- Canola Oil 1/4 cup
- Paneer1-2 cups
- Water1 cup
- In a pan add oil and shallow fry both sides of the sliced paneer until lightly brown.
- Remove the Paneer from Oil and set aside.
- In a deep pot, add ghee and slightly fry red chili, curry leaves, garlic, ginger.
- Then, add chopped onion and sauté till it scatters.
- Add chopped tomatoes, carrots, cashew nuts and the stems of coriander.
- Cook covered till it softens on the low flame heat. Stir after each few minutes.
- Then transfer the cooked mixture to a blender jar or food processor, and add some water and blend it well to smooth.
- Now, transfer back the smooth gravy to the deep pan.
- Add yogurt, cream, Paprika powder, cayenne pepper, curry powder, salt, and stir to mix well.
- Cook for 15 minutes on low heat or until the gravy thickens then add the fried Paneer to the gravy.
- Cook for some more minutes or until oil separates around the edges of the Paneer Gravy.