December 2, 2013 5:37 pm
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook time: 30 Min
- Rice , long grained 2 cups
- Cooking oil1/4 cup
- Saffron1/4 Teaspoon
- SaltTo Taste
- Water1/2 cup
- Wash and soak rice at least 5-6 hours in advance. Soak saffron in 1/4 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not over cook it, remove from heat and drain.
- Divide the rice into two parts, add mix saffron water with half of rice gently. Add in a tablespoon of oil in the cooking pot then pour half part of the white rice in cooking pot. Pour the mixed saffron rice in other side of cooking pot (look at pictures) . Dissolve salt in 1/4 cup of water and slowly pour it to the rice too.
- Make holes around the rice using back of spatula and cover the cooking pot lid with cotton cloth and let it steam and cook for 20 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and heat oil & pour the heated oil all over the rice, cover the pot again and let it cook for 5 minutes. Now mix the rice or can serve separately.