November 15, 2013 6:50 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 30 Min
- For Rice
- For Turnip
- Rice: Wash rice and soak for 4 hours in advance.
- Heat oil and fry onions till lightly brown.
- Add water salt and rice and bring to boil on medium heat.
- Cover the pot with cotton cloth lid. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turnip : Heat oil and fry onions until lightly brown.
- Add chopped Turnip and cover and cook on low heat till the turnip is soft. Stir in between.
- Add tomato puree, ginger , red chili , black pepper, turmeric, jaggary and cook on low heat till all the ingredients combines and make a soft texture. Keep Stirring.
- Serve both rice and turnip stew together.
Note: If you want your rice comes out completely white do not add onion, but with onion rice tastes more.
Tags: Black Pepper, chopped, Cooking oil, Cooking Oil (I used olive oil), Ginger Paste, Jaggary, Onion chopped, pureed, Red Chilli Powder, Rice, Rice , short grained, Salt, short grained, Tomato, Tomato, pureed, Turmeric powder or saffaran, Turnip, Turnip , chopped, Water