April 21, 2013 10:32 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 15 Min
- Flour2 cups
- Water3/4 cup
- Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- Sugar2 Tablespoons
- Melted Butter1/4 cup
- Flour some more for flouring
- For For Toppings
- In a bowl add flour salt, sugar, oil and add little little water and make the dough.
- Let the dough set for 10 minutes.
- Make 3 small balls bigger than an egg.
- Roll out round as thin as possible using rolling pin. Use the extra flour for rolling the dough. Repeat with all 3 small dough balls.
- Take a flatten dough and brush butter all over evenly. Then sprinkle some flour on butter.Again spread another sheet of dough and repeat the same procedure.
- When the 3 sheets spread, buttered and floured well.
- Then roll the sheets carefully but firmly. See at pictures.
- Now take a knife and cut the rolled sheets into 2 inches.
- Take a piece and rolling it out using rolling pin. Do the same with other pieces.
- Heat oil and deep fry both sides of the Qatlama s.
- While they are hot sprinkle sugar using a sieve.Then sprinkle some cardamom and pistachios.
- Serve it hot or transfer them in airtight container for later.