Puff Pastry Dough
May 26, 2013 4:55 pm
Prep Time: Min Cook time: Min
- All Purpose Flour2 1/2 cups
- Salt To Taste
- Water1 cup
- Lemon Juice1 Tablespoon
- Butter2 Tablespoons
- Butter 1/2 cup
- In a bowl add water , salt , lemon juice , 2 tablespoon butter and flour and fold to make dough, knead it well on floured surface for 5 minutes. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the butter between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound it to be flatten using a rolling pin. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- On floured surface roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Place chilled butter in the center and fold the two ends over it so that it is completely covered with dough. Roll out the dough again, taking care not to let the butter break through the dough. Fold the two ends first then fold another two ends to make a small rectangle shape . Turn and wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Repeat this rolling, folding and turning 4 more times, then refrigerate until firm. The dough is ready. Be patient making puff pastry ;)
Tags: All Purpose Flour, Butter, Lemon Juice, Salt, Water
Categorised in: Categories, How to & Basics