June 2, 2013 10:56 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 15 Min
- For For Dough
- For For Filling
- For For Topping
- Heat oil and fry lightly the cubed cheese, remove from oil and cook garlic and tomatoes in the oil. When tomato softens add cheese, onion, chilli, bell pepper and season it with salt, Just stir and combine all ingredients and remove from heat. Does not need to cook it further. Set aside.
- Combine water, sugar and yeast and set it for a minute.
- Add salt olive oil and fold flour to make the dough then transfer it to floured surface and knead it for 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 1 hour or till double in size.
- Divide the dough into two and on floured surface roll them out round then place half of mixture into half side of dough. On vegies add half of grated mozeralla cheese and cover the vegies with half side of dough. Pinch around to seal.
- Brush the calzones with melted butter generously and sprinkle the pizza masala or oregano. Then make few tears or cuts on the calzones using knife.
- Bake at 240 c for 15 minutes or till golden brown.