November 14, 2013 11:11 am
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook time: 60 Min
- Rice (short grained)1 cup
- Water7 cups
- Sugar1 1/2 cups
- Cardamom Pods10
- Food Coloring (orange)1/4 Teaspoon
- Rose Essence1 Tablespoon
- Cooking oil 1/4 cup
- Pistachio as desired
- Almondas desired
- Soak the almond and pistachios in warm water then blanch them. Keep them aside.
- Wash rice until the water is clear and clean, then drain.
- Add water and bring to a boil, removing the foam.
- When rice softens completely, add sugar, cardamom , orange color and stir well.
- Heat up oil and also add to the mixture. Add some of the almonds, pistachios and the rose essence. Stir well and cover it with cotton cloth lid.
- Cook in oven at low temperature for 20 minutes or on burner at low heat. Serve with pistachio, almond and on top.