March 2, 2013 12:51 pm
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook time: 40 Min
- Rice long grained2 cups
- Mung Dal1 cup
- Cumin 1 tablespoon
- Cinnemon Powder1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste6-7 cloves grated
- Oil3/4 cup
- SaltTo taste
- Water1 Cup
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it overnight.
- Wash the Mung Dal and soak it overnight.
- Add enough water in a pot, and cook the mung bean for 15 minutes or till tenders. Strain the Mung Bean and set aside.
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not overcook it, remove from heat and drain. Then pour the strained Mung Dal & rice in the cooking pot and mix them gently.
- In a cup, add a 1/2 cup of water, cumin powder, cinnamon powder, and salt and slowly mix it to the rice & Mung Bean to avoid breakage of rice.
- Cover the cooking pot lid with a cotton cloth and make holes around the rice using back of a spatula. Then Cover and let it steam and cook for 25 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and heat garlic in the ghee & pour the heated oil all over the rice, cover the pot again and let it cook for 5 minutes.