Masghati (starch and rose fudge)
April 12, 2013 5:37 pm
Prep Time: Min Cook time: Min
- Corn Starch1/2 cup
- Sugar1/2 cup
- Water1 cup
- Butter3 Tablespoons
- Cardamom1 Teaspoon
- Rose Water Essence1 Teaspoon
- Pistachio2 Tablespoons chopped
- Saffron a pinch
- Lemon juice1 Teaspoon
- In a pan add 1/2 cup water, sugar, cardamom, lemon juice and boil stir to dissolve sugar.Remove it from heat.
- In a bowl add 1/2 cup water, rose essence, corn starch mix well. Then add Saffron.
- Now pour the corn starch mixture to sugar mixture.
- Add melted butter.
- On medium heat cook the mixture and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- When the mixture thicken remove from heat and spread by the back of spoon into a platter and top it with crushed pistachio, then let it cool for a couple of hours. Then cut it as you desire.
Tags: Butter, Cardamom, Corn Starch, Lemon Juice, Pistachio, Rose Water Essence, Saffron, Saffron Strands, Sugar, Water
Categorised in: Categories, Sweet Dishes & Custards