March 27, 2014 10:08 am
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook time: 1 hour Min
- Dried Meat 1/2 kg
- Onions, chopped3
- Tomatoes, chopped4
- Salt To Taste
- Four Spices for rice1 Tablespoon
- Rice2 cups
- Cooking oil1/4 cup
- Soak rice in advance for at least 6 hours.
- Soak the dried meat in hot water for at least 3 hours, then wash well.
- In a pressure cooker add in washed meat, onions, tomatoes, oil and enough water to cook the meat.Now pressure cook it for 20- 30 minutes or until meat is soft and tender.
- When the meat is done add in rice, salt, rice spices and enough water to cover the rice (water should be 1 inch above the rice). Let simmer the rice until its water is a bit absorbed.
- Now cover the cooking pot lid with cotton cloth and make holes around the rice using back of spatula. Then let it steam and cook for 30 minutes on very low heat.
- Ready to serve.