March 9, 2013 11:49 am
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook time: 10 Min
- Flour1/2 cup
- Cornflour (corn starch)1 Tablespoon
- Yogurt1 Tablespoon
- Intstant Dry Yeast1 Tablespoon
- Oil1 Tablespoon
- Sugar1 Teaspoon
- Warm Water1/3 cup
- Oil for Deep frying
- For For Syrup
- Add water sugar in pan and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the burner and add Lemon juice, cardamom and vanilla. set it aside
- Add water sugar, oil, corn starch, yeast,yogurt and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add in flour and whisk well. Let it rest for 15 minutes .
- Pour the mixture in a piping bag ( you can use a ketchup bottle or a squeeze bottle).
- Heat oil and squeeze the piping bag to make jelabi on hot oil.Cook it till golden brown.
- Dip the jelabi in the syrup and serve it hot.