November 26, 2013 11:40 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 10 Min
- OilFor Deep Frying
- For Batter
- For Syrup
- Boil water and sugar until sticky (just same as syrup for jelabi). Add in the lemon juice and rose essence and Set aside.
- Wash well the White lentil and soak overnight. Strain the white lentil and blend with a little water to make a paste. (see pictures). Combine food coloring cornflour to the blended white lentil.
- Take a ketchup bottle and fill the mixture into the bottle or use piping bag too.
- In a pan heat oil , then draw the jelabis into oil ( see pictures). When one side is done flip to cook other side. Do the same till all is done.
- Remove from oil and submerge it into the sugar syrup completely then remove from syrup.