December 1, 2013 11:54 am
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook time: 20 Min
- Green Gram1/2 Cup
- Onions, chopped2
- Tomatoes, Chopped3
- Garlic, paste1 Tablespoon
- Red Chili /Paprika Powder1 Tablespoon
- Black Pepper1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder1/2 Teaspoon
- Olive oil3 Tablespoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Water3 Cups
- Tamarind paste1 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice1 Lemon
- Fresh coriander & Green chilifor Serving
- Wash and soak green gram over night. Then cook with water and salt until green gram is soft. Set Aside.
- In oil add in onions and cook until lightly brown. Add in garlic and cook for sometime.
- Add in tomatoes and stir fry until the tomato becomes soft and paste on medium heat. Add in turmeric, pepper, chili powder, salt, tamarind, lemon juice.
- Add water , boiled green gram and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes till thick and soupy.
- Serve with fresh coriander & green chilli.