March 5, 2013 6:18 am
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook time: 20 Min
- Dal Nakhod (chana dal)1/2 cup
- Tomato2 large
- Onion1 meduim
- Garlic6 cloves
- Canola oil 4 tablespoons
- Tomato Paste1 tablespoon
- Paprika powder1 Tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder1 Tablespoon
- Saltto taste
- Water1 cup
- Peel onion and garlic and wash well Dal Nakhod set aside.
- Wash and chop the onion, tomatoes, garlic.
- Cook the garlic in oil first then add the onion to fry until lightly brown.
- Add tomato paste, coriander powder, paprika, cayenne powder, chopped tomatoes and salt, and stir well. Cook on low heat until you get the soft gravy.
- When the tomato sauce is ready (oil separates the edges) add the pre soaked split peas and the water. Cover the pot with the lid and cook on medium heat until the peas are tender.
- Ready to serve, and you can add some butter on top when you transfer it to bowl (optional).