April 6, 2013 5:25 pm
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook time: 45 Min
- Chickpea2 cups
- Onion1 Meduim finely chopped
- Tomatoes4 large finely chopped
- Bay Leaves2-4
- Garlic4 cloves grated
- Paprika 1 Tablespoon
- Cayenne powder1 Tablespoon
- SaltTo Taste
- Melted Ghee 1/2 cup
- Coriander Powder2 Tablespoons
- Table Cream1/2 cup
- Plain Yogurt1/2 cup
- Water6 cup
- Tumeric1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper1 Tablespoon
- Dry Red Chili2-4
- Ginger1 Tablespoon, Grated
- Wash the chickpeas and soak it for 1-4 hours.
- In a pressure cooker add 6 cups water, salt, and chickpeas, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until it cooks well. Set aside.
- In a pan add oil and cook dry red chili, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and onion until onion is lightly brown.
- Add turmeric, coriander powder, black pepper, paprika, cayenne and salt to taste.
- Then, add tomato and cook it on medium heat for some time. When you get a nice gravy, add the table cream and plain yogurt and cook again for some other time until the sauce separates oil on edges of the pot.
- Now, add the boiled chickpeas and mix well then cook for 15 -20 minutes on low heat .
- Final touch, sprinkle some chopped coriander and serve.