June 18, 2013 10:57 am
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook time: 30 Min
- Rice Long Grained2 cups soaked in water for 5 hours
- Ghee 1/4 cup
- Salt To Taste
- Water1/2 cup
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not over cook it, remove from heat and drain.
- Add in a tablespoon of oil then pour the rice in cooking pot. Dissolve salt in 1/2 cup of water and slowly mix it to the rice to avoid breakage of rice.
- Cover the cooking pot lid with cotton cloth and make holes around the rice using back of spatula. Then let it steam and cook for 20 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and heat oil & pour the heated oil all over the rice, cover the pot again and let it cook for 2 minutes. Ready to serve.