July 15, 2013 5:49 pm
Here is the recipe for tasty borani/bourani Kachalo, and the youtube video.
Please click on the youtube icon in the top right corner of our page to subscribe and watch more videos.
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook time: 30 Min
- Tomato6 chopped or 1 Cup
- Garlic, paste1 Tablespoon
- Canola Oil 1/4 Cup
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoon
- Paprika Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder1/2 Teaspoon
- Sea Salt1/2 Teaspoon
- Water1/2 Cup
- Mix Curd 1/2 cup
- Dried Mint1/2 Teaspoon
- Mix Curd or chaka Click for Recipe here.
- Wash and slice the potatoes, set aside.
- Heat oil and fry the potatoes for 3 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and fry garlic. Add tomato and cook it well for 3-4 minutes (keep stirring).
- Add paprika powder, turmeric powder and chili powder.
- Add fried potatoes and stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and add 1/2 cup of water and cook covered till the potatoes tender.
- Serve the potatoes with a layer of mix curd at the platter and one layer at the top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle some dry mint and serve.