April 16, 2013 12:12 pm
Prep Time: 30 Min Cook time: 45 Min
- Filo/Phylo DoughRecipe at zibakitchen.com
- Almond 1/4 cup chopped
- Walnut 1/4 cup Chopped
- Pistachio1/4 cup chopped
- Melted Butter1/2 cup
- Cinnamon Powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cardamom1 Tablespoon
- For Sugar Syrup
- In a pot add water, cinnamon stick, and sugar and boil it for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add lemon juice and stir when the syrup is cool add the honey and mix again.
- Mix the chopped almonds, walnuts, pistachios , cinnamon powder and cardamom powder and set aside.
- Filo/Phyllo dough Recipe Here
- Make small balls out of the filo dough and roll out the filo dough as desired using a pasta machine or rolling pin.If you use a pasta machine, you need to change the pasta machine starting with number 4, 5, 6, and 7 is the desired consistency for one Baghlava sheet.Repeat till you make several sheets.
- Take one sheet and brush it with melted butter then bring one end of the sheet to another end.
- Brush the second layer sheet with melted butter again and spread a layer of the mix nuts evenly on the sheet. Make sure avoid the edges.
- Now, take a dowel ( I used my kids' pool stick) and roll the stuffed phyllo sheet loosely.
- Gently put the dowel on the baking sheet and remove the dowel slowly. Repeat till all is done.
- Cut the Baghlava rolls (optional) and brush them with butter again.
- Preheat oven 350 and bake Baghlava Roll for 25 minutes or till they lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and pour the sugar syrup over the rolls while they are hot.
- Sprinkle some dry pistachios and serve hot or cold.