Ashak is very popular Afghani Dish and everyone loves it. Especially, when Ashak is made with Gandana (Nira Herb, Chinese Leek)and boiled in water.
Here is the recipe how to make Ashak and also youtube Video.
Please click on the youtube icon in the top right corner of our page to subscribe and watch more videos.
- Qurma Dal Nakhod (Chana Dal) Pre - cooked. see the recipe in this website
- Ashak DoughPre - cooked. see the recipe in this website
- Mix Curd (Afghani )Pre prepared. see the recipe in this website
- For For Leek Mixture
For Leek Mixture
- Wash and cut the leek.
- Add salt,black pepper, coriander powder and oil to make the leek mixture. Set aside
Making the Ashak
- Make small ball from the dough and flatten to make it thin using rolling pin or pasta machine.
- Now, cut circle shapes out of flattening dough using a cutter.
- Add a little leek mixture in the middle of it and close two sides to make a moon shape. Make sure to seal all around.
- Boil water like you boil for making pasta. OR use a steamer easy and clean to steam the Ashak for 25 minutes.
- After boiling the Ashak in water for 5-7 minutes, add a layer of Mix Curd on a flat plate and place the Ashak in the plate.
- Then add some more Afghani Mix Curd on it, and sprinkle some Qurma Dal Nakhod..
- Finally, finish it with sprinkling some dried mint and cayenne on the top and enjoy.