Afghani Pumpkin Pickles
February 4, 2014 11:48 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 10 Min
- Pumpkin1 kg
- Garlic, slices1/2 cup
- Chili, sliced1 cup
- Fresh Red Chili Chutney1/2 cup
- Dried Mint2 Tablespoons
- White Vinegar2 cups
- Salt To Taste
- Fresh Red Chili Chutney, Recipe Click Here.
- Mix Fresh Red Chili Chutney, dried mint white vinegar and salt and set aside.
- Cut and trim the pumpkin into large cubes, then boil it with little salt, 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup water until soft but not mashed. Strain let cool.
- Take a air tight container and arrange the boiled pumpkin, garlic, chili.
- Now pour the vinegar mixture all over the pumpkin to cover. (add more vinegar if needed)
- Cover and let it set for a month. Then refrigerate and use with your desired dishes.
Tags: Chili, Chili, sliced, Dried Mint, Fresh Red Chili Chutney, Garlic, Garlic, slices, Pumpkin, Salt, sliced, slices, White Vinegar
Categorised in: Categories, Chutney/Pickles