- Rice short grained - 1/2 cup
- Cooking oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Onion, chopped - 1
- Salt - To Taste
- Water - 1 , 1/2 cups
- Turnip , chopped - 3
- Onion, chopped - 2
- Tomato, pureed - 4
- Ginger Paste - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder or saffaran - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cooking Oil (I used olive oil) - 1/4 cup
- Jaggary - 2 Tablespoons
- Rice: Wash rice and soak for 4 hours in advance.
- Heat oil and fry onions till lightly brown.
- Add water salt and rice and bring to boil on medium heat.
- Cover the pot with cotton cloth lid. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turnip : Heat oil and fry onions until lightly brown.
- Add chopped Turnip and cover and cook on low heat till the turnip is soft. Stir in between.
- Add tomato puree, ginger , red chili , black pepper, turmeric, jaggary and cook on low heat till all the ingredients combines and make a soft texture. Keep Stirring.
- Serve both rice and turnip stew together.
Note: If you want your rice comes out completely white do not add onion, but with onion rice tastes more.