June 7, 2013 5:13 pm
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook time: 30 Min
- Rice long grained2 cups soaked in water for 5 hours or so
- Vegetable Oil1/4 cup
- SaltTo Taste
- Cumin Seeds1 Tablespoon
- Cardamom1 Teaspoon
- Water1/2 cup
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not over cook it, remove from heat and drain.
- Add in a tablespoon of oil then pour the rice in cooking pot. Add salt and water and slowly mix it to the rice to avoid breakage of rice.
- Sprinkle the cumin and cardamom, Cover the cooking pot lid with cotton cloth and make holes around the rice using back of spatula. Then cover and let it steam and cook for 20 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and heat oil while its hot pour all over the rice, cover the pot again and let it cook for 5 minutes. Ready to serve.