June 5, 2013 5:17 pm
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 30 Min
- Rice Long grained2 cups soaked in water for 5 hours
- Vegetable oil1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds1 Teaspoon
- Pomegranate Juice1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder1 Teaspoon
- SaltTo Taste
- Blend the pomegranate seeds using blender, then strain it through strainer, remove the seeds and take the juice. See pictures.
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not over cook it, remove from heat and drain.
- Add in a tablespoon of oil then pour the rice in cooking pot. Add salt and little water to pomegranate juice and slowly mix it to the rice to avoid breakage of rice.
- Sprinkle the cumin and cardamom, cover the cooking pot lid with cotton cloth and let it steam and cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and heat some oil when its so hot pour all over the rice, cover the pot again and let it cook for 2 minutes. Ready to serve and sprinkle some pomegranate over the rice otherwise serve alone too.