July 5, 2013 11:37 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 30 Min
- Rice Long Grained2 cups soaked in water for 5 hours or so
- Ghee or Vegetable Oil1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds1 Tablespoon
- Cardamom1 Teaspoon
- Water1/2 cup
- Mix Spices1 Tablespoon
- Soya Chunks1 cup
- Boil the soya with water for 3 minutes, rinse under cold water then squeeze to remove all its water. Heat 4 tablespoons of oil then saute the squeezed soya with mix spices for 2 minutes.
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not over cook it, remove from heat and drain.
- Add in a tablespoon of oil then pour the rice in cooking pot. Add salt, water, soya saute and slowly mix it to the rice to avoid breakage of rice.
- Sprinkle the cumin and cardamom, cover the cooking pot lid with cotton cloth and let it steam and cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and heat oil while its hot pour all over the rice, cover the pot again and let it cook for 2 minutes. Ready to serve.