December 20, 2013 6:07 pm
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 15 Min
- Rice (short grained)1 cup
- Mung dal1/2 cup
- Salt To Taste
- Onion, chopped2
- Water3 cups
- Mix Curd1 Cup
- Dried Mint1 Teaspoon
- Hot Oil1/2 cup
- Mix Curd Recipe Click Here.
- Wash and soak the rice and mung dal 4-5 hours in advance.
- Fry onion in little oil until lightly brown, then add salt, water and strained rice & mung dal.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 10 minutes or till the rice and mung dal is soft and nice.
- Stir the rice and mung dal , then transfer the rice to a plate. Make an hole in center of the rice using a a spoon. Pour the mix curd into the hole and heat oil then pour the heated oil to the hole and around the rice. Sprinkle with some dried mint and Serve.