Soft Rice & Moong Beans (Shola)
September 13, 2013 5:26 pm
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook time: 20 Min
- Rice 1/2 cup
- Moong Dal1/2 cup
- Garlic1 Tablespoon
- Onion, finely chopped1 large
- Tomato , finely chopped4 large
- Red chili powder1 Tablespoon
- Coriander powder1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric1/2 Teaspoon
- SaltTo taste
- Oil1/4 cup
- Water2 , 1/2 cups
- Eggplant Pickles Recipe Here.
- Wash mung beans and rice well and soak in water for at least 4 hours.
- In pressure cooker add oil and cook garlic, onion and tomatoes well for sometime. Add water and season with salt and pepper , Red chili powder, coriander, turmeric then add drained mung beans & rice. Cook Shola for 10 minutes on medium heat or till soft & done.
- Mix well the rice and mung beans using spatula. Enjoy Shola with Potatao Stew (optional) & Torshi ( eggplant pickles).
Tags: Coriander powder, finely chopped, Garlic, Moong Dal, Oil, Onion, Onion, finely chopped, Red chili powder, Rice, Salt, Tomato, Tomato, finely chopped, Turmeric, Water
Categorised in: Categories, Rice