Kolcha Mazari (Sweet Flat Bread)
May 20, 2013 11:59 am
Prep Time: Min Cook time: Min
- Flour2 1/2 cups
- Warm Full Cream Milk1 cup
- Water 2 Tablespoons
- Yeast1 Teaspoon
- Sugar1/4 cup
- Oil or Melted Butter1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder1 Teaspoon
- Rose Essence1 Teaspoon
- Black Till1 Tablespoon
- In bowl mix 2 tablespoon water and yeast. Then add milk, oil, sugar, cardamom, rose essence and mix to combine well all the ingredients. Add flour and fold to make dough, knead it for some time. Cover it and let it rest for an hour or till rises.
- Divide the dough into four parts and make them balls.
- Take a ball of dough and hit it with a knife all around the ball to make the design of this Kolcha.
- In the center of the designed ball press it down using your hand to make it flat.Make sure only the center should be flat not the borders.
- Now design the center of the Kolcha using a small bottle cap or a spoon.
- Brush the center with some milk and sprinkle the black tills.
- Pre-heat oven and bake the Kolcha at 240 c° for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
Tags: Black Till, Cardamom Powder, Flour, Oil or Melted Butter, Rose Essence, Sugar, Warm Full Cream Milk, Water, yeast
Categorised in: Breads (bread, paratha, bolani etc), Cake/Cookies, Categories