Kolcha E Nowrozi or Kolcha E Berenji (Rice Cookies)
April 15, 2013 11:30 am
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook time: 15 Min
- Rice Flour 1 1/4 cups
- Melted butter or vegetable Oil1/2 cup
- Sugar1/2 cup
- Water1/4 cup
- Rose Essence1 Teaspoon
- Egg1 separated
- Baking powder1 Teaspoon
- For For Glaze (Glaze is optional)
- First in a pan add water and sugar and cook it for 1 minute to make a syrup.Let it cool.
- Separate the egg. Whip the egg white to become fluffy and thick. Then whip the egg yolk to become creamy.
- Add oil, syrup, whipped egg, rose essence and mix.
- Add the rice flour through a sieve to avoid lumps. Mix and make the dough. Wrap it with plastic and let it set in fridge for some hours.
- Then roll it gently flatten using rolling pin or your hands (or simply make small balls and then transfer them in baking sheet and press them using your finger tip). Cut it with your cookie cutter, small or big if you want make kolcha e nowrozi then make them big and design its topping with fork or cookie stamp.
- Mix one egg with a tablespoon of water and brush the cookies (optional), then garnish them with pistachio or poppy seeds. I love to glaze my cookies sometime when i make them big because if you glaze it will look golden brown.
- Pre-heat oven then bake them for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool then transfer the nowrozi cookies to square shape color papers.Happy Now Roz
Tags: Baking Powder, Egg, Melted butter or vegetable Oil, Oil, Pistachio or Black Tills, Pistachio or Poppy seeds, Rice Flour, Rose Essence, Sugar, Water
Categorised in: Cake/Cookies, Categories