June 6, 2013 6:01 pm
For more youtube videos please visit us at https://youtu.be/o5b1cyA_-gY and please Do not Forget to Subscribe, Like, Comment and Share the youtube channel.
Prep Time: 30 Min Cook time: 60 Min
- For For Dough
- For For Stuffing
- For For topping
- In a bowl mix flour, olive oil and salt then add water to make the dough.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
For the Filling:
- Heat oil and add garlic, chopped onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Then add the ground meat, salt, and black pepper and cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, set it aside.
For Making the Honim:
- Make an orange size ball from the dough and flatten to make it round and as thin as possible using a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough in half from the center using a knife.
- Sprinkle a layered of meat mixture on flattened dough then roll the dough into itself to cover the mixture and make a long rope.
- Now, take one side of the rope shaped dough and slightly roll it again on itself to make a circle.
- Boil water in the steamer and place the Honim carefully on the steamer rack and steam Honim for 40 minutes or until it is done.
- After steaming Honim, place the steamed Honim carefully on a layered Mixed Chaka plate then sprinkle some tomato sauce, split peas sauce. Finally, sprinkle some dry mint & cayenne pepper on the top Honim and enjoy.
For The Dough:
Tags: All purpose Flour, Black Pepper, Dry Mint, oil, Onions, Paprika, Salt, Soya Granules, Soya Granules/ ground meat, Water
Categorised in: Categories, Non Veg, Pastas/Dumplings/Noodles