February 15, 2015 9:32 pm
Prep Time: 30 Min Cook time: 60 Min
- Chicken (legs or any parts you like)5 pieces
- Vegetable Oil1/4 cup
- Garlic , minced2-3 cloves
- Onion,finely chopped1 meduim
- Tomato, finely chopped 3 large
- Paprika Powder1 Tablespoon
- Four Rice Masala1 Tablespoon
- Rice 2 Cups
- Ghee or vegetable oil1/4 cup for rice
- saffron7-8 strands
- Wash and soak rice in water 6 hours in advance.
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not over cook it, remove from heat and drain. set aside.
- Stir fry chicken (legs) in cooking oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken (legs) from oil and set aside.
- Fry garlic, onion in the remaining oil until lightly nice brown.
- Add in chopped tomatoes , paprika powder, salt and cook for a couple of minutes (keep stirring).
- Now add in the chicken (legs) with 1/2 cup of water and cover to cook on low heat until gravy separates oil and chicken is soft.
- Pour the strained rice, saffron (soak few strands of saffron in a little water ), sprinkle the rice masala too, very gently mix the rice with the chicken gravy.
- Make holes around the rice using back of spatula and cover the cooking pot lid with cotton cloth and let it steam and cook for 20 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from heat and heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil & pour the heated oil all over the rice, cover the pot again and let it cook for 5 minutes. Serve.