- Rice long grained - 2 cups
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Soya Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Ghee or cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Chicken Stock - 1/2 cup
- Salt -
- For Chicken Stock Recipe Click Here.
- Remove the chicken from Stock and boil it until its water soaks and become a cup. Then add cumin, Cinnamon, salt, soya sauce and Set aside.
- Wash and soak the rice at least 4-5 hours in advance.
- Boil the rice in water and salt, do not over cook it, remove from heat and drain.
- Add in a tablespoon of oil then pour the rice in cooking pot, place the chicken too and cover it with rice. Now slowly pour/mix stock mixture to the rice to avoid breakage of rice. Make holes around the rice using back of spatula. (look at pictures)
- Cover the pot lid with cotton cloth and let it steam and cook for 20 minutes on very low heat.Heat ghee and pour the heated oil all over the rice and cook for 5 minutes more. Serve