- Julienned Orange Peel (dried) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Cardamom Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Orange Food Coloring - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Water - 2 Cups
- Wash and soak the orange peels over night.
- Strain using strainer. Boil it in enough hot water for 15 minutes then Strain using strainer. Repeat this for 4 times until bitterness is gone.
- Heat 2 cups water with 2 cups of sugar , then add strained boiled orange peels with Orange Food Coloring and cook till oranges absorb all the water and sugar.
- Cover it in Aluminum foil and wrap to use it for your rice.