Habshi Halwa, its a Pakistani Metaie , and so yummy but hard to stir lol , enjoy trying this it worth. This Metai has white and brown colors, if you want the color to be brown add little food coloring to it , i could not find the color so i just cooked normally.
- Dry Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Whole Milk - 1 cup
- All purpose Flour - 1 Tablespoon
- Bulgar (gandom maida shoda) - 1 Tablespoon , soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Cardamom - 1 Tablespoon
- Ghee or butter , melted - 1/2 cup
- Almond , Crushed - 1/2 cup or you can add more
- Soak the Bulgar in water for 20 minutes.
- Combine sugar, milk, dry milk, cardamom, bulgar,ghee, flour and mix well.
- Heat burner and put the cooking pot on burner, cook the mixture on medium heat and keep stirring its the key.
- When thickens remove from burner and pour it to pre-greased with butter pan and sprinkle all the crushed almond.
- Serve it hot or cold. Cut it as desired when cools.